Hammer Films.

On Saturday night I went to the movies to see Fix: The Story of an Addicted City.

It was a relevant film for me, a story about the heroin plague that has taken over East Downtown. I was keen to see a public side to the story, and work out what the City's position on the issue was.

I'm not one to talk too much about what I thought of a certain film. Suffice it to say that Gastown & Chinatown traders were very unhappy, it's very hard to get off smack, and there are two sides to the benefits of safe injecting rooms.

The irony of it all is that this morning when I caught the 20, I saw the star of the movie on Hastings walking somewhere with his friend. I would never have thought i'd be star spotting on that particular bus route...

Then I saw someone who looked a lot like Blade rearranging his cardboard boxes (hollywood stunt landing gear style) in a Budget car park on Richards.

Perhaps they're doing all this because the Vancouver Film Festival is on...